Socrates MacSporran

Socrates MacSporran
No I am not Chick Young, but I can remember when Scottish football was good

Thursday 10 October 2013

It's International Week, But, Edmiston Drive Is Still The Only Show In Town

HERE we are, in international week - and what is heading the agenda around Scottish Football? Only the latest episode of 'Edmiston Drive' - the Scottish sporting soap opera, which looks like running for as long as 'Taggart'.
 
I can barely keep-up with who's in, who's out, who's accusing whom or what this week; can we please get back to the football. I was pleased, however, to see my old mucker Tom English join me in taking a somewhat jaundiced view of "Walter's" exalted position in the pantheon of Ibrox heroes. Welcome aboard Tom.
 
I notice that strenuous efforts are apparently being made to get Dave King back inside the tent, from where he will no doubt continue to piss out on the punters. Let me repeat, given what went on in the Murray Years, never mind the blatant criminality of the Whyte era and the asset-stripping of the Green days, no former director of the old Rangers should be allowed anywhere near the new company.
 
That, apparently, some of the men at the top of that organisation should never have been allowed through the door is another matter.
 
Mr King is, for me, tainted and, given he allegedly lost some £20 million back in the Murray days - why is he still so-keen to get involved. He has been burned once, he is now itching, apparently, to thrust his hands back into the flames. Would you appoint a man so obviously intellectually-challenged to a position of power?
 
Meanwhile, WGS and his squad are beavering away, under the radar, in readiness for the unhappy conclusion to another horrendous failed qualifying campaign.
 
I wish them every success, but, in reality - am I bovvered how it all ends? Honestly, no. Get it over with and hopefully, we will do better next time around. But, that said, before we can harbour realistic qualifying intentions, something has to change inside the minds of the Hampden power brokers - and that aint gonna happen any time soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment