Socrates MacSporran

Socrates MacSporran
No I am not Chick Young, but I can remember when Scottish football was good

Sunday 23 February 2014

Us v Poland and the Republic for Second, but, Georgia's on My Mind

Germany, Georgia, Gibraltar, Poland, Republic of Ireland and Scotland.
WELL, not the worst European Championship draw we could have got. My first reaction is, we're in a three-way fight for second place with the Poles and the Paddies - Germany will, as ever, be expected to stroll through at the head of the group.
Also, we will surely not finish bottom - I would fancy Muirkirk Juniors (managed by Jose Quitongo) to beat Gibraltar, far less sending out the big guns such as Auchinleck Talbot.
The game which worries me is Georgia away. Losing there is what scuppered us when Big Eck McLeish was having a good spell as Scotland boss, I'd hate to see the same fate befall WGS.
That said - how come England, as always, get a cushy draw - and the first reaction from some of their fans is: "Boring group!"
Jeez, I'd quite happily settle for a boring, winnable group.

No comments:

Post a Comment