Socrates MacSporran

Socrates MacSporran
No I am not Chick Young, but I can remember when Scottish football was good

Sunday 12 October 2014

A Win Is A Win Is A Win

OK, we didn't put goals on them; maybe 1-0 is a tight result, but, hey, in case you have forgotten: SCOTLAND WON.
The Poles will not be a soft touch, I would certainly be happy with a draw, but, we need not fear the midweek match-up.

I appreciate the Poles beating Germany will concern some people, but, not me. Just as we tend to over-estimate wins over England (I am old enough to remember us beating them), so-too I feel do the Poles go overboard when they beat the Germans.

Remember, back in 1967, Scotland humiliated World Champions England at Wembley, inflicting on them their first loss in 19 games. Next time out, Scotland lost.

I am hopeful we can take advantage of the Poles perhaps over-celebrating yesterday's win and maybe not being ready for us.
Scrappy though our goal at Ibrox was, it wasn't as if, as happens in the past, we scored on our solitary upfield sortie. On another night Naisy might have had a hat-trick, we created chances and, on another night, we will take them.
Of course, after what happened when we were last in Poland, our hosts will be ready for us, but, we can travel hopefully, and maybe arrive where we want to be, on six points.
WHILE we should have been concentrating, 100%, on Scotland last week - that annoying gorilla in the room, the on-going battle for the "soul" of Rangers (does Rangers have a soul? I thought Auld Nick had stolen that yonks ago). But, I digress - what is to be done about the Tribute Act?
Answers on a post card please, to Stewart Regan, at Hampden.

No comments:

Post a Comment