Socrates MacSporran

Socrates MacSporran
No I am not Chick Young, but I can remember when Scottish football was good

Thursday 19 June 2014

No Scotland - Not Much To Get Excited About

I HAVEN'T truly got into the 2014 World Cup - maybe it's not having Scotland to worry about, with each passing Jock-less World Cup, the feeling doesn't go away; I cannot enjoy it without Scotland to worry about.

Sure, Holland doing Spain was great; otherwise, by passing on the live broadcasts and watching the morning highlights package on BBC, you don't miss all that much. Of course, the over-egging of the Engerlund, Engerlund, Engerlund pudding by the EBC, and perhaps even more so by ETC, has again began to grate.

Still, wearing my ABE t-shirt, I will be rooting for Uruguay tonight!!!

Not that I am anti-English, I simply relish the wailing and gnashing of teeth, from the English media,  which will follow their inevitable early exit. Well, when you are as poor as Scotland, you have to get your kicks somewhere.

Mind you, I am not entirely confident about Uruguay's chances of beating England tonight. This one has  draw written all over it.



BRAZIL have disappointed thus far, but, their squad is really under almost intolerable pressure to win the thing, and, I think this is getting to the players. Pressure to win did for Brazil in 1950 - might history repeat itself this year?



HIGHLIGHTS, thus far, have come from the pundits. I laughed at Neil Lennon's wee aside about big Amrbose and his inability to cross the ball. Away from the Glasgow madhouse, the ginger one has emerged as a cogent and thr#oughtful voice, and, hopefully, in the process done his hopes of a good gig in the English Premiership no hard.

I laughed even more when Gordon Strachan caught himself saying "We" in the context of England's hopes, then wanted to be thrown into the sea quickly, to cool off. Nicwe wee side-step from Daily Record criticism there Wee Man.



HOWEVER, for Scots, the big football story at the moment continues to be the soap opera Edmiston Drive. Charlie Green coming back, why not also Grant Mitchell, to bump him off and do us all a favour?

It will all end in more tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment